29 January 2010

St. Isaac the Syrian

Regrettably, I failed to check my santoral yesterday, which happened to be the feast of Isaac the Syrian. Now, he's written a good many worthwhile things, but the problem is that they're difficult to transmit by means of something as inherently ridiculous as a web-log. (I have not yet given up on the notion that a message is greatly affected by its medium.) Nevertheless I present a little bit:

Sin is the fruit of free will. There was a time when sin did not exist, and there will be a time when it will not exist.

God's recompense to sinners is that, instead of a just recompense, God rewards them with resurrection.
I have often pondered this; how can people claim that God is just, if he doesn't reward us according to our iniquities? I suppose Kierkegaard would be useful in some regard here.

No comments:

Post a Comment