01 February 2010

Carcassonne

Distraction, as Mr Berry tells us, is inimical to discipline. (One assumes it is inimical to disciprine, as well.) This is unfortunate, as I recently have discovered a new source of distraction. Perhaps you are acquainted with that methodical German board game, Carcassonne? Well, I discovered that it is possible to play this game online (though it is not exactly the real thing; the online version is named after a different walled provençal city, Toulouse). If you happen to know how to play, perhaps we might play together sometime, eh?

Of course, I do feel a bit guilty, what with the distraction and inimicity to discipline. For my penance I intend to visit a local bookstore and buy the real thing, which I have espied in the window of said bookstore. I will then be able to play Carcassonne with real people, which I'm sure will be far more satisfying, anyway. (I'll continue to insist that people make that "doot-do-do-dooo" trumpet sound when claiming a city, though...)

No comments:

Post a Comment