12 December 2010

Gaudete Sunday

Gaudete in Domino semper
To my list of many weaknesses we may add "middle-aged ladies giving out free samples at grocery stores". I am entirely unable to refuse a kindly-offered free sample, even if I am quite sure I don't want it. I then feel obligated to buy whatever the product is. Today I purchased some peanut brittle. I don't really care for peanut brittle, but being unable to resist this particular sort of sales pitch, here we are: now I have a package of peanut brittle. I suppose the best thing to do now is to bring it to this evening's annual Basilica Schola Gaudete Sunday party. (Yes, it is already Gaudete Sunday! Did you wear pink today? I could not summon the courage to buy a pink shirt, but I got a pink tie on sale.)

1 comment:

  1. As a kid free samples were the only thing that made going to the store endurable... thus I still enjoy them somewhat for nostalgia's sake. That crab dip I had last time, however, left an unpleasant taste in my mouth for several hours.

    I approved of the tie; and for the record, Priscilla may be able to tie ties, but that is completely beyond my abilities.

    ReplyDelete