29 September 2012

Muppets, Ordered and Chaötic

Recently it was brought to my attention that every single person can be classified as either an order muppet or a chaös muppet. (This idea is several months old, but it was news enough to me.) Such a bold statement was apparently formulated on the basis of years of observation of supreme court justices, which seems as reasonable a way to glean profound insight into the human condition as any. Upon some reflection, I suggest that I am an order muppet, while many of the people I work with (especially at the newest job) are chaös muppets.

It should probably be emphasized that this dichotomy is not, really, based on the intent of the individual person (or, er, muppet): rather, it just seems that people are accompanied by order or chaös wherever they go. To be sure, certain behaviors conduce to certain outcomes. Perhaps we are not always the most aware of the consequences of our habits.

2 comments:

  1. Along with the 4 temperaments, should we also analyze people we know according to the muppet system?

    The author just had to end with that obnoxious song! It will be stuck in my head the rest of the night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rau! Yes, I figured that this should tie in with the four temperaments. You're clearly a phlegmatic order muppet. Do you think Herr Emmerich is a sanguine-melancholic chaös muppet? (Maybe we should ask him.) I can't decide what sort of (sanguine) muppet Craig might be. Gail was certainly an order muppet, so maybe he is chaötic?

    ReplyDelete